Friday, 9 March 2012


To make the pasty child's room look less like a dungeon, I put together some curtains on a rail to go over the barred window. To do this, I sculpted the curtain pole and pole ends out of milliput. Once these were dry, I coated them with a layer of polymorph and then sanded and painted them. While this dryed, I cut two pieces of hessian cloth to make up the main curtain sections. On the tops of these two sections, I cut small holes along the edge and threaded the curtain pole through them. Once secure, I glued the ends onto the curtain pole and then added a thin layer of fabric glue over the edges of the hessian to stop it fraying.

No comments:

Post a Comment