Thursday 27 January 2011

Pre-Production Research





I've spent the last week looking into the words I've been given for my pre-production bible and so far I'm pretty happy with them al. The only one I'm a bit stuck on is satire, because it usually leans toward political humour which isn't really what I want to focus on. But after looking into more definitions of the word, it doesn't have to just be poking fun at politics and can just be used to parody a specific subject by ridiculing its ideas in an exaggerated fashion. A good quote to sum satire up would be 'First it makes people laugh, then it makes them think.' Therefore, I think I am going to focus on making a parody of British culture and how uptight and reserved we can be towards strangers.
To map out all of my thoughts, I drew out a detailed spider diagram which helped me visualise what ideas were worth going into more depth, and which ones weren't going anywhere. I also collected some images of Alphonse Mucha's work and attempted to try out his style through little doodles. Here are some pages from my sketch book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment