Wednesday 11 January 2012

Christmas went too quick :(

Blimey... I can't believe a whole month has whizzed past.. a very chocolatey/mincepie/mulled wine-filled month which has been bloomin' marvelous (but not so great on the waistline.) It has also been a very unproductive month, and both my laptop and dissertation has gathered a layer of dust.

Well we got the results back from the tutors about our projects the day before we finished for crimbo, and unfortunately my film didn't get picked. I admit I was pretty disheartened by the news because I would have loved to see it go into production and its hard to let go of a project once you've got into it. But in some ways I do feel relieved because it gives me the freedom to focus on the things that interest me the most, and will give me a chance to build up my strengths and build up a good portfolio.

Luckily Sasha's stop motion concept 'The Pasty Child' got chosen, which is fantastic because we can both get stuck into production and hopefully create something that looks awesome :D Sash has said I can focus on set building and props which is great because those bits are my favourite! But I'll also be helping out on all the bits and bobs that go into stop-motion, so I'm excited about getting started!
Our tutor Andy also advised me to work on another project to strengthen and add variety to my portfolio, so I will be co-art directing with Insa on her project EighteenNinety which is a celebration of female bmx riders and highlights the lack of opportunities out there for them. I will be helping to look over the project as a second pair of eyes to check that everything is looking guurd, and helping out with some of the art work. Time to whip out my pens and sketchbook and get cracking! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment